Wednesday 13 April 2016

Night falls on the Cocal

Manzanilla beach Trinidad and Tobago
© All rights reserved
The picture above was taken by my friend.He likes to take lots of pictures wherever he goes...too many if you ask me! I asked him to supply me with some shots he took here at home and he kindly obliged.Click on it for a larger view. 

The picture shows the Cocal at night.So what exactly is the Cocal and where is it located?For those of you who don't know,the Cocal is a strip of land on the east coast of Trinidad.It refers to the miles upon miles of coconut trees that line the road on the drive through Manzanilla beach.You can see the moon rising in the night sky and the white surf pounding the beach at high tide.

Just looking at this shot makes me wish I was there right now! To smell the fresh salty sea air in my nostrils and to feel it blowing against my face and body.To hear the waves pounding the shore and see it churning up the sand in the silvery moonlight.

It's been donkey years(as they say in Trinidad) that I have been to Manzan.I definitely have to plan a trip soon! There are lots of pictures and information about the Cocal on the Internet.I found a fascinating story about it's long and rich history here in the Trinidad Express

I will be posting some more original pictures of T & T in the days to come,so please check back and have a look at them! Also consider  following my blog and let me know if you have one so that I can follow yours.




You can see some of the pictures I got from my friend on various products in my store For example,the picture above is featured on one of my  mouse-pads

I hope you liked my little post about the Cocal.Your comments are most welcome.Take care and see you soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment